DON'T LOOK BACK, BABE

The swiftly moving hands of time
have drawn you slowly down the line
To other hearts and other days,
you left me in this deep blue haze

Looking through the night glass of love
you never had a cause for doubt
Whenever you were down and out
I was there to cool your mind
to help you leave your fears behind
From emptiness I led you to love

Now you've left a shattered sky
The wind now catches tears I sigh
but don't look back, babe - I'll be all right

When sunrise pierces through the night,
the morning sun just don't look right
I haven't made my mind away
I'm still awake to face the day

Wondering why you said farewell
I tried to keep you satisfied,
to build your ego and your pride
I've given all I had to you
There's nothing left to see me through
The past is no place for me to dwell

Now the light is turning dim
You think your future lies with him
so don't look back, babe - I'll be all right.

In the silence I'll look on,
down the highway where you've gone
but don't look back, babe - I'll be all right.

-Richard Barshinger
sung by Rodd Keith, Preview 1222

Comments